Monday, January 19, 2009

Top 10 Reasons I Can't Keep Up with Blogging

10. I don't have a car that works. Why that's a reason, I don't know, but I just like to complain. I'm feeling sorry for myself. And frustrated. (I need to be grateful, I know.)

9. I've been spending time at the shiny new Tooele Gold's Gym. Luckily, that's a few blocks from my house so the kids and I can walk.

8. I feel like I have nothing to say these days. My mom won't believe that.

7. Instead of maintaining my virtual life, I'm actually trying to better keep up with things in reality (housekeeping, projects, feeding kids, showering, etc.).

6. My mind is otherwise occupied by: job change for Aki, car situation, finances, and other family/personal matters that I don't want to post about.

5. Baking/cooking from scratch and planning meals and coupon shopping takes A LOT of time, especially with kids! There's a reason convenience food is called as such.

4. I've got the decorating bug, but with no funds and no babysitter. My mind's eye is having fun!

3. I'm reading this and this and this.

2. I volunteer part-time as a referee for Ame and Makai's fighting matches.

1. And last (and best) of all, because I spend half my day feeding, holding, and simply loving on this piglet:
(I should just make this blog about Tevi because he's all I have photos of. He makes me happy! Er, not that my other two don't, nor the Mr. for that matter, but...you know what I'm saying, right?)

P.S. The piglet is eating food. Rice cereal and peas and carrots. That makes him happy.

10 comments:

Just Us said...

Yay for piglet! (I like the nickname). I also agree with your mom, how could you not have something to say! Okay, mostly that just greediness on my part wanting you to blog. But I know how it gets. Keep the cute pictures coming when you do get around to blogging!
p.s. We could always do another errands run! (and accidentally need to go to sonic again). :)

kh said...

Lindy you are just so cute. Blog or not, I am glad you do it when you can.

Yay for Tevi to be eating solids! I cannot get my babe to WANT anything else but me. But I guess that's okay too. :0)

Brynn P. said...

obviously I haven't seen you for awhile because Tevi looks sooo different! I can't believe it!

Heidi said...

Lind -- I thought the van was fixed?

I am crossing my fingers for Aki

Can you come volunteer fights at my house?

Reading is fundamental.

Tevi is the best reason in the world to not blog.

...but it is nice that you found a min. to post.

Tori said...

The piglet is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I totally know what you mean about baking/cooking from scratch. I went on a 10 week whole foods diet and it was INCREDIBLY time consuming. Healthier yes, but it just took forever!

And congratulations on spending so much time at the gym! That's a huge accomplishment.

Rachel said...

I just love you lindy....you crack me up. I love reading your posts! Your baby is absolutely adorable. I LOVE the dimples! You just go ahead and keep on loving on him...before you know it he will be 18 and graduating! Sigh...that is my life now...where did the time go?

Missy said...

I wish I had more self-control like you! I need to do all those things, but here I am!

Kristen said...

Your piglet is really changing (of course, I've never actually seen him in person, but he just looks different in these latest pics). I do some volunteer work myself, though I'm actually at it full-time.
P.S. How are you liking "Tess"? My mom was just telling me it's being dramatized right now on PBS (I think).

Christina said...

Seriously. Could your kids be ANY cuter? I mean, could they? I didn't think so either. I love that you care enough to make excuses for not blogging. I just don't even bother anymore. Sigh. But I've never been very consistent with it. Love reading yours, though! So great to catch up on your life!

wynne said...

Cute lil' Tevi. I don't think he could be any cuter...

(How did you like Tess? I HATED that book when I first read it...could an author be more cruel to a character? Yeesh.)