Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summer is HERE!

WARNING: The following is a timeline of last week's activities. Perhaps it's journal worthy, at least to let my kids know that they didn't just sit and watch TV all summer long, but other than that, I don't know that any other readers would have much interest in it. If you're bored, can't sleep, or just don't want to get off the computer yet, then go ahead and read by all means!
Summer officially kicked off last weekend (and my allergies have finally tapered off), so we've been busy ever since. Some of the things we've enjoyed while trying to beat the heat:

Last Friday: Ward campout and program up Settlement Canyon
Last Saturday-Part I: Family outing to SLC. We visited Wheeler Farm to see the animals, but it was hotter than blazes, so we went up the road to the Lakeshore Learning Store and let the kids make a craft and play with all the great toys while we cooled off. I got to see Lori for just a minute, which was fun.
Last Saturday-Part II: Then we met my mission companion, Ninna, and her family for a good lunch at Rumbi.
Last Saturday-Part III: Back in Tooele later that night, we went up Middle Canyon with the Piacitellis. We roasted hot dogs and ate s'mores--I think Aki stopped eating after his 12th one. It was a lot of fun!

Monday: Symonie's birthday lunch at Thai Siam in SLC--fun to see her and Heidi and Kate. In the afternoon, the kids and I headed to Tooele's favorite joint, Dairy Delight, for an ice cream slush (or "Mr. Misty"—I highly recommend the tigersblood flavor).
Tuesday: visit to the library for some cool-down playtime and check out books/videos. Went to the pool in the afternoon. It was heavenly—can I just say how much my back and stomach love floating in the water with no pressure from baby?
Wednesday: took Makai to see matinee at the air-conditioned theater. I went to book club that night, which was a great time. See here for more on that.
Thursday: made homemade watermelon popsicles with the kids (thanks for the idea, Daisy!). Then Aki came home early from work and we headed to the swimming pool for a couple hours.
Friday: attended the Tooele Arts Festival, where Aki had his first ever--and second--funnel cake! He ran into my cousin Marcus while they were both in line to get huge plates of roasted chicken—imagine that, the two of them looking for food.
Saturday: headed to SLC for a Funaki family baptism and dinner. Good food, good fun. Aki is back at the Arts Festival as I'm typing, trying to score another free funnel cake when the booth shuts down.

P.S. In other news, friend Stormy had her baby on Monday.

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like the beginning of a very fun summer!
By the way, I had funnel cake for the first time a couple of years ago and immediate came home and found a recipe for it. SOOOOOO yummy!

Anonymous said...

Fun Fun!!! I so need to come down and stay with you guys again. :D

Heidi said...

Lindy it looks like you are having a great summer. Get all the good stuff in before the baby comes and all you are doing is nursing, changing diapers and trying to sleep! :)

PS You make a cute prego bathing beauty!

Brynn P. said...

We are having so much fun with you guys! You're a blast to hang out with. Hopefully you don't get sick of us anytime soon 'cause I have a feeling will see eachother a lot this summer!!

Tooele Brezoff said...

wow that is a busy week! I love the photos! cute prego belly hehe and could that be the book club book your reading???

Lindy said...

'Tis, Lori, you are correct. Maybe you should join the agency!

I'm glad no one is offended by the big teal marshmallow. Aki likes it and thinks it's cute, so he said if I put a pic of him up, then I had to put one of myself.

Just Us said...

Yay for updates! I must say, your summer sounds way more fun than mine. Would you please plan my life? How much would you charge? In that, I would like my weekly menu plan included (and posted on my blog for everyone to lust over). Oh, and if you could throw in a few of your friends that would be great. lol! Seriously, how do you think of so many great things to do! (cute pregnant swimsuit too!)

Ketsy said...

are you coming south in 3 weeks??? or is that cruel to even suggest?

Shayla said...

Wow Lindy, you are quite ambitious for being 8 months pregnant. I am one of those who are up not sleeping. I have those nights now and again! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. You really are looking good!