
"O beautiful for heroes proved in liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!"
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!"
~"America the Beautiful"
(taken from Emily's blog)
Thinking of brother Brigham today doing who-knows-what in Iraq as we eat, eat, eat, and watch a parade and fireworks.Brig's wife posted on their blog recently an excerpt from one of his emails (my SIL Heidi did this first, so thanks be to her for the idea):
"I'm just here to help out my guys and others around me, improve myself, and come home to you.We miss you. We are proud of you. We love you!
"I spoke a lot this week with two Iraqi interpreters that work with us. Hearing about how Iraq used to be under Saddam etc, and hearing about the situation they're in really gave me some perspective. They really need us, and most of them are given hope from the US being here. It inspires me, and I hope that in the end, we are successful in Iraq. It will be worth it, and ultimately will have been a Christlike act from one nation to another. I hope and pray that good triumphs!!"
4 comments:
I will most certanly be thinking about him too. I hope all is well, and the heat dosen't make your pregnancy too dificult.
Thanks for sharing that. I hope your bro is safe and that his sweet wifey has him close soon. It really puts this day in perspective.
:)
That gave me goose bumps! Thanks for sharing! We truly live in a blessed nation!
Thanks for sharing Lindy, it really puts things into perspective.
Post a Comment