Thursday, June 5, 2008

Total Eclipse of the Heart

I finally succumbed and read Eclipse, the third book in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. (Thanks, Daisy, for lending me your copy!) I did this mostly while I was in Portland (see below post), and what a great setting to read it in! I think most of the Twilight movie was actually filmed in Portland, because it totally brings the story to life. The woods, the clouds, the brilliant sun, and the beach--all very important backgrounds.

I liked the third book better than the second, and of course want to read the fourth and final when it comes out. I can't believe how sucked in I am by the teenage drama of it all. I can't decide whose "team" I'm on, but I think I'm leaning toward Jacob only because he's a warm body who she can have kids with. :) How's that for primal? Besides, I'm in love with my own big, tall, brown-skinned, and warm-bodied guy--how could I not be partial to Jacob? At least mine smells better. :)

I'm not in love with the casting choices for the movie, though. I don't care for either Edward or Jacob, but I think the choice for Bella seems pretty decent. Anyway...

4 comments:

Missy said...

Didn't I loan you that book?? I'm sorry you just finished it! You could've asked to borrow it again!
Glad you liked it! Now you've gotta read The Host.

Crystal said...

I'm glad I don't know what I'm missing. This series seems to be quite the epidemic!

Daisy said...

So, I'm completely controlling myself. The book still sits on my end table upstairs where I left it when you dropped it off almost a week ago. I have to control myself and get SO MUCH DONE before I pick it up because I know when I go, nothing will get done for at least 48-72 hours. Glad you could enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Psh. I'm on Edward's side!! I absolutely cannot STAND Jacob. :l So I didn't like New Moon.
btw... The Host is a REALLy good book. I couldn't stop reading it!!! LOVED IT. :D