Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Busy week

There is too much to blog about, lots on my mind. Here's a quick rundown of my thoughts swirling 'round:
1. Lost - woah, season premiere! I was watching in the dark while Aki slept, and I let out a full-on scream at one point (Jacob's cabin/eye, for those of you who watch). I can't wait until Thursday night, and I hate that there are only 8 episodes.

2. Financial Peace - Last week, Aki and I headed a fireside for our ward to show Dave Ramsey's free "Super Savers" seminar. We had a great turnout, with a lot of interest, so we will be starting a Financial Peace University course here in Tooele, to start later this month. I highly recommend looking into it…I will post more on it later.

3. I hate snow.

4. Wedding Bells. My cousin Marcus (Bell) was married on Saturday, here in Salt Lake, to a girl from Tooele. The whole thing was really beautiful and very nice, held in one of SLC's old mansions. I enjoyed seeing my Bell and Whiting relatives, and eating fantastic wedding cake, of course. I am thrilled for Marcus and Cortney…they are so much in love. And I'm jealous of them, honeymooning in Cancun right now. What I would give for some sun!

Marcus and cousin Emily

Marcus and the new Mrs.

5. Super Bowl. I really didn't have a preference, but was that an exciting finish or what? That's when football's fun to watch.

6. Stranded in Provo. Coinciding with the S.B. on Sunday was my niece Alli's b-day party (yummy food and b-day cake, once again!). It was snowing so much I was afraid to leave and make the trek back to Tooele. So I stayed there, the kids too…we left Aki stranded with no car at his Super Bowl party. He said he'd make it home somehow (what a guy). Nothing like a spontaneous sleepover with the cousins on a school night. Thanks, Cord and Heidi, for accommodating us…it was really fun hanging out with you!

7. Super Tuesday. I think tonight's news reports will be quite the entertainment (at least for a nerd like me). Looking forward to it.

6 comments:

happy mom said...

look at me reading your blog, but there is a lot to read so I am just happy this one was so full, and I will have to check back another time. but I am loving the one below, I have to check that link when I get a chance! I think it really has to do with sleep deprivation because I have 3 kids and no brain but only one pregnancy to blame it on, so it has to be more than the pregnancy! It just has to be!

kh said...

I agree the SB WAS fun to watch, and I am not usually a FB fan. Could you imagine what the fans were feeling? Now that would be the place to be for sure. (Even if it was on a Sunday.)

Congrats to Marcus! That is exciting news. They look great together.

Sarah said...

ditto to hating snow. SO sick of shoveling, oh my aching back! Also, I have been dying to go to Financial Peace classes. how did you get to do it free?

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! LOST was INSANE!!!!! Me and my mother were both wiggin out!! I loved it so much!!!!! Can't wait for tonights episode!!!!! AHHHHH! xD

Mindy said...

okay lindy
save me from that geography game. i am addicted. lol
my most recent score was 431,470 and level 11 and iq of 121. can i join mensa for geography nuts? ttyl

Jillian said...

such cute pics of your cousins wedding. I too am a Lost addict and I'm so CONFUSED this season!!! I just wish it were out so I could buy it and do a Lost marathon. I can't stand waiting a whole week for the next episode..