Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tevi's 1st Birthday - Lots of party photos

Okay, Tevita, when you are 13 and are whining about not having a huge birthday party, do me a favor and check out the next few posts. They are my effort to document evidence that:
a.) you did have a big birthday party once upon a time
b.) you received presents, had lots of family & friends there, and we made loads of food
c.) we love you more than we can stand. Our only hope is that our love will grow and that you'll still know it when you're 13...party or no party.
The birthday boy in a gifted outfit, held by Uncle Matt

A do-it-yourself treat bag station...in the party colors, of course. Idea stolen from many a blog. Special thanks to Jenn S. for her shelf and glassware.

One of two "See how I've grown" garlands. The other one showed the month-to-month photos.

Not so gourmet, but still yum. Homemade "funfetti" cupcakes with buttercream frosting, complete with Skittles decor and cupcake topper (made from a potato stamp!...I told you, this party was on a budget).

Armando and Marcela. His wife/her mom, Daisy, is the wonderful person who took so many of these photos. My sister Symonie took the rest. I am so GRATEFUL to both of you for these!

Aki at the grill. He made his scrumptious shoyu chicken. The menu also included: kalua pork, steamed rice, macaroni salad, crab-and-cream-cheese wontons, corn, veggie tray & dip, fruit salad, chips, hot dogs, and drinks (soda, juice, or citrus water). For dessert: cupcakes or Texas sheet cake with vanilla ice cream. A big thanks to those of you who brought food and supplies!

Tevi's two aunties that spoil him rotten, Melinda and Temaleti.

Cousin Barry chompin' on his sucker

Cousins Nina, Barry, and Will testing the water

More cousins and a brother: Junior, Makai, Lily, Will, Barry, Cole

I fashioned the party hat out of a plain one. Love the string on his fat.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I love all the photos -- I know my kids had the BEST time! Thanks for all your efforts!

And Happy Birthday again to Tevi!

Missy said...

Holy cow! I LOVE the treat bag idea! SO cute!! You guys go all out!

Katherine Marie! said...

amazing. beautiful. extraordinary!

k8shoe said...

Yes holy moly! What a party! I could see that straight out of Martha Stewart Magazine. I can't believe that was on a budget too. I need some lessons!

Cute Tevi! Happy Birthday! We don't have babies anymore. :(