My kids are at the babysitter's as I type, beginning a trial run this week to get accustomed to a new place and new people. Poor Tevi is adjusting—all at the same time—to no more formula, drinking out of a sippy cup, learning to walk, wearing shoes, taking only one nap a day, and now a new "mama" all day. Maybe some new teeth will come along while he's at it. But he's hanging in there. Such a cute little duffer.
For those of you wanting to know, I will be working in Salt Lake City (boo to commuting!)—the Fort Union/Fashion Place Mall area—for a company called URS (engineering/design firm associated with transportation...think road construction projects). I will be a Public Relations/Project Assistant, and the job sounds like it will provide plenty of varied, challenging, and satisfying duties. The people seem to be pretty great, too. My one complaint is that I'll be using a PC instead a Mac. :)
So this is my last week/end as a stay-at-home mom. On the agenda, we have organizing closets, a bit of back-to-school shopping, menu planning, and making homemade ice cream. And lots of loving on the children.

15 comments:
Lindy, you will do great! it is hard to make this sacrifice but just like you said it is not forever. Good Luck! oh did you say home made ice cream??? hehehhe
I think I need a phone call for more explanation. You can do hard things. You are an amazing and inspiring woman and I know you can do this. Call me soon!
You can do it Lind! I know you will find a way to juggle all that have and all you want to do. I'll be thinking of you -- sending you good thoughts and well wishes!
Thanks for the note friend. It's so funny that we both decided to get jobs at the same time, though your's is a real job and mine is a wanna be. :) I know you are having a hard time thinking of leaving your kiddos, but you're a wonderful mom and if you need help on those hectic weekends you know who to call. love ya
I can SO relate to your feelings. I think it is really my test and challenge in life to find peace in my own heart and deal with it. It is so hard....So I feel for you sister!
Sadly enough the kids will all survive and life will go on. Just keep looking forward to the end! Even if it doesn't come...just keep thinking it will!
My heart is right there with yours Lindy. And YES WE CAN DO HARD THINGS! You'll see the positive things too. Pida una bendicion. It helps. I'll be thinking of you. At least it is only temporary. Besos!
Good luck! I had to be a working mom up until a year ago. I, like you, would have preferred to stay home, but I'm sure it will work out. Way to go doing the hard things!
Good luck. I knonw how you feel....kinda! I am not working full time and i'm still stuggling with it sometimes. So I give you props! You've got such a good attitude about it!
You are a great mom! I will miss seeing you for sure! Love the sentimental pictures of you and your kids!
You are amazing at expressing yourself with words. I could feel how much you don't want to go and it almost made me cry. God bless you and your little ones every moment you are apart.
Lindy, you are amazing and your attitude is great. Having worked with you in the past, I know what a good, hard working employee you are...and we all know what a fantastic mother you are. Best wishes in your new adventure!
You are an amazing woman. I pray you will have all the energy and courage you need for your family, yourself, and work!
You will do great!
Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway on my blog through Sept. 4. theprovidentwoman.com
I feel for you having to leave the brood and head to the workplace. Best of luck to you all! There are going to be a lot of Mommas in the same situation with the way this economy is going.
I sang "Walking After Midnight" by Patsy Cline at the audition, and I'm sure I would've been starstruck had it been in front of the big 4 judges (Paula, Randy..) but they are the producers, so it wasn't intimidating because I didn't know them.. Good experience, even if it was for the story. :)
Lindy, you are an amazing person, and amazing mom. Good luck with this new change for you and the family.
Post a Comment