Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers Day Recap


8:00 am - get myself and kids bathed, clothes ready
9:00 am - eat big breakfast made by Aki
10:00 am - read the Ensign, do hair and makeup
11:00 am - head to church, listen to Mothers Day program
11:30 am - Makai and Ame stand up in front to sing with other children, but can only wave. No words sung.
12:00 pm - receive Mothers Day plant—pink geranium—from youth
12:15 pm - listen to Aki's Sunday School lesson, during which he pays nice tribute to his mom and grandma and wife
1:00 pm - head to Young Women
2:00 pm - to home I go; am presented with the gifts shown above—does my purse now look awesome or what?!—and sweet handmade cards
2:00 - 5:00 pm - I have no memory of this portion of the day (could it have been sleep induced?)
5:00 pm - down a delicious dinner made by Aki
6:00 pm - walk around neighborhood and to park; meet random strangers with whom we play a game of croquet (I won!) while the kiddos play on the equipment
7:30 pm - run into Justin & Brynn while walking home; we chat while kids play for a bit
8:00 pm - eat huge banana split for dessert (it's Mothers Day, remember?) while we watch DVRed Survivor finale. Don't like the results.
10:30 - hit the hay with my hubby

Hope all you other mothers had a wonderful day to rest and enjoy.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds like a good day. I do love your purse and it's accessories!

OK -- I agree with you about the Survivor results! I thought Amanda would win for sure -- but I guess she won Ozzy and they can have their Ozzlets. :)

But what was up with that question Natalie asked Parvati? Talk about bizarre!

Missy said...

Glad you're back to the blogging world and that you're a Survivor fan. Bummer results but great season! Glad you had a great Mom's Day!

happy mom said...

I am glad to see you had a great day! love those long sleep induced forgetful times.

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hope ya had a good day!
Yeah. Survivor was lame
Amanda was supposed to win.
Not Parv. Oh well... :l

Brenda said...

Lindy...I hope you don't mind my occasional peak into your life but I just love keeping up with ALL the Udalls. It has been so long since we've spoken or seen each other but I enjoy checking your blog now and then from Heidi's and Ali's pages to see what's up at the Funaki house. Congrats on the baby on the way...how exciting! Your first two are beautiful, I'm sure this boy will be nothing less than a wonderful addition to an already precious family. Take care and visit my blog sometime to see how gigantic my boys have gotten! Hugs to you and Aki, Brenda Cottle

Jaime said...

LOVE your purse! :) Sounds like you had a great day!

wynne said...

What a nice mother's day!

I've just read over the last few posts--congrats on the new member of the Udall family, and hooray for another boy!

Hope you're feeling good, Lindy.

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you're back! Well at least for these few posts. I'm hoping you'll be back for good someday soon! I love the picture of your mom's hands bytheway--and such a sweet tribute.