Sunday, February 3, 2013

Regrouping

I really do enjoy being a mother. Caring for a newborn, and a fussy one at that, is difficult. But it is temporary and before too long I will actually miss it. I love being a source of comfort (and nutrition!) for my sweet babe. I love being greeted by his enthusiastic smile when I lean over the crib to pick him up--nothing like it to boost my spirits. How I love smelling the top of his little head and smooshing his chubby little cheeks with kisses. I love staring into his big brown eyes as his tiny fingers pat my face and grab my nose. I love hearing what he has to "say" as he experiments with his voice and squeals in delight. I love watching his daddy and brothers and sisters care for him. I love Vaha and I love being his mama.

For the record, I love the other little guy in the picture too. :)

No comments: