Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Grandma Risa came to town

My mom, otherwise known as Grandma Risa, made a trip from tropical Mexico to freezing Utah during a two-week break in temple service. She split her time between Utah and Arizona.

During her two days (so short!) in Stansbury Park, we were essentially snowed in, but we did have fun playing games, eating delicious but healthful food, chatting it up, and going to church. Mom and I managed to get a date in of going to Costco and seeing Les Mis, complete with popcorn and diet Coke. (Thank you to Aki for managing the kiddos during that time and having dinner ready upon our return.)

Her time here was wonderful--how I miss her and my Pops. I wish we had taken more pictures, but these are better than nothing, which is what I took during her last visit.

Vaha meets his grandma for the first time.
Grandma Risa was schooling the kids in UNO, even though Makai kept changing the rules as they went.
Just missing Grandpa Barry.

Sunday morning while we were getting ready for church, I could hear all three older kids in the baby's room. When I peeked in, I had to smile at all of them attentively caring for him. They had changed his diaper and were dressing him for church. I love my little family.
Having a morning chat.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

that might be the most precious thing I've seen in a while. your kids are so sweet. you're so smart to capture that on camera.
p.s. I want to steal that bed. CUTE!