Just before Thanksgiving we traveled to Anaheim for Aki's sister's wedding. We are just thrilled for Tema to have her own family, and are glad to welcome Kelepi to the Funaki side of things.
The marriage ceremony took place at the Newport Beach temple; it has a very different look than other temples I've been to. Sort of southwest mission style...it is beautiful, as they all are.
The occasion was extra special due to the last-minute (surprise!) arrival of younger brother, Junior, from Hawaii. That meant they were all in the same place at the same time--Aki's parents and siblings were together for the first time since 1998. Think about that.
A beautiful day filled with lots of picture-taking! I got sick right after the ceremony and spent the next day-and-a-half in bed at the hotel. Missed the reception and all. But I heard Tevi had fun dancing the night away. :)
Following pictures: ~ one of the cakes ~ couple cutting the cake ~ some of the baskets, mats, and quilts that are fixtures at Tongan gatherings ~ a really cute girl! ~ most of the group (I think I was already sick, lying down in the van at this point) ~ the wedding party ~ bride's bouquet









3 comments:
Oh my gosh, what a beautiful big family! Sorry that you got sick during your kinda vacation. How are you doing these days??
the temple!! that is so cool and different - hats off to that architect.
Beautiful bouquet! And yes that little girl was SO cute. Did you see her tiny little high-heels? aak! So cute.
Post a Comment