Even though the wedding festivities were literally across the street from Disneyland, we did not patronize the establishment. We figure we'll save that for sometime in the future...like when the kids can earn the cost of their tickets. Aki's cousin Crystal scored some great tickets to Knott's Berry Farm, and we had heard that it was quiet this time of year, so we went for it. We're glad we did! We had a great time with Crystal and Viliami, and the kids hardly had to wait in lines to go on rides. Their favorite was the log ride, even after the sixth time.













The wedding was a nice opportunity to visit with Aki's extended family, some of whom I had never met. Here is a nice picture of Aki's non-Utah aunts (his dad's sisters), along with Crystal and her three kids. That baby!!!

When we weren't doing wedding stuff, we made a quick trip to East LA to check out my old missionary stomping grounds. We mainly went to visit this wonderful family...they are near and dear to my heart. Maria Teresa & Victor Bahena and their kids, Victor Jr., Viridiana, and Aileen were baptized as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in August of 1999. My missionary companion and I had the privilege of first teaching them the gospel and witnessing some awesome changes in their lives! I can't believe it was ten years ago. They have soared above and beyond me when it comes to living the gospel and having faith; incredible examples they are to me. I love them!

Though we didn't have much down time, we managed to take the kids for a brief visit to the beach. They have never been! (Well, Makai went to the beach in Tonga but was only six months old, so I won't count that one.) They loved it so much and can't wait to go back. Good thing Auntie Tema lives near the beach now so we can visit more often!
7 comments:
Love all the wedding posts, Lindy. Such cute kids you have. And yes, Crystal's baby!
I'm glad you got to see a family from your mission. Que maravilloso!
What a fun way to spend Christmas break! I'm jealous you got to go to the beach. Being with family is always great. I'm glad you had a fun time!
LINDY!
I thought I subscribed to your blog feed, but I hadn't seen anything in a while so I poked over here to check up on you guys and found new stuff!! yay! I think my google-reader just doesn't pick up on your blog.
:(
Now, I'm going to enjoy my time and read up a bit on you guys.
:)
PS: Viliami is saving up to go back to DLand and Knotts' again in November. Wanna meet up again?
Lindy, I am doing a give away on my apron blog (http://uppercrustaprons.blogspot.com/)
Here is how you enter to win!
1-Follow this Blog
2-Send others to my blog via
a)your blog
b)Facebook
c)twitter
3-Leave me a comment telling me how and where you have spread the word about the Give away and I will enter your sweet little name in to the drawing. (1entry per)
You have the chance to have your name entered 5 times!
I will enter you name 2 more times for the Most Creative way you have spread the word about the give away, so slap that thinking cap on lets see what you have got!
Hi Lind, Sometimes I come into your blog just to see if maybe I might be lucky and you updated, but I know you're a busy lady. Just thought I'd say I miss you these days.
I know you never update this anymore, but I just wanted to come on and say that I was thinking of you today and missing you. :)
this is me, giving you courage to someday update your blog again. there are possibly only a handful of things that would make me happier than to read the exploits of the funaki fam once again. also, i really want a rainbow background like this one, it's pretty dang awesome
Post a Comment