Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Life is precious

My heart has been sad this last week. I went to Boise to attend the funeral of Paul Bruce, my cousin's husband, who was hit and killed by a car while riding a scooter. Paul has been a part of the Udall family for nearly 20 years…we will miss him greatly! He left behind his wife and three daughters, ages 6, 13, and 16. The funeral was a beautiful meeting, packed with people who knew and loved him--he had such a large circle of influence. When I got home I gave Aki and my kids a big hug, held them for a minute and cherished their presence. I am thankful for family.

Paul's obituary

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I was really sad to hear about this! I hope that Julie is doing as well as she can. I can't even imgaine. I will keep her in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

The funeral was a really great service. i'm so glad i got to go and see Ashanti and everyone again!