Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happy birthday, Aki!!

;Aki turned 36 this year. The Sunday that was his birthday, all the kids were quite sick. I stayed home with them so he got to go to church all by himself. What a birthday, huh? While he was gone we decorated a little with things I had prepared the night before. I also made his requested meal of honey lime chicken enchiladas and tres leches cake.

What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man.
They love their daddy!
A list of 36 things we love about Aki.
The tres leches cake with peach and strawberry garnish.
Just to make sure he knew how much he means to us, we celebrated again the next Sunday (so that previously sick kids could join in). By the way, Aki was in a facial hair growing contest at work during this time, but gave it all up when it started driving him crazy.
We gave him a basket of his favorite treats. He, of course, shared it with the kids.
Makai made brownies from scratch (Grandma Risa's recipe) for his dad. He did a great job!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

all of these posts are making me miss you so much. and I am impressed you could come up with 36 things, not because aki isn't awesome, but because I don't think I could come up with that many things about anyone ha!