Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ringing in the New Year

New Year's Eve was uneventful...we played a couple games then Vaha and I retired early to catch up on some ZZZZs. Aki stayed up with the kids and had popcorn and hot cocoa, played some more games, and watched some performances on TV until the ball dropped--the kids were just excited to stay up until midnight, of course. My plan with Vaha didn't work...I am consistently experiencing insomnia after the early morning (2 or 3 am) feeding. So on New Year's Day, I was a zombie. The kids have been so good and patient with me the entire Christmsa vacation. Between illness, snowstorms, and a newborn, we haven't done much of anything in the way of fun.

New Year's Day was their last day of vacation, and as there had been yet another snowstorm the day before, they asked if we could please go sledding. Aki had the day off, so he was a good dad and took them, borrowing a friend's sleds. They had a blast!! I'm kind of sad I missed it (I did get a good nap in while they were gone, though), so I'm glad Aki took some photos.



Makai, Uncle Travis would be proud you are wearing a camo hat.

Stansbury Park has some awesome sledding locations.

Because doesn't snow licked off your gloves always taste good?

Tevi stole this hat from our snowman kit. His ears must have been cold.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I told John that Maddy would probably cry if she saw these because she would have loved going sledding. It looks like so much fun! (and so much work too heh). Hey, is this blog still private? I just have it saved as a link so I can't really tell. I was just curious!