A Babe in Baltimore
It's Tevi here. I just got back from vacation…I took my first trip by plane. Mama took me to Baltimore for a weekend visit. We went to see Dada, who was there training for work.We didn't do a whole lot (thanks to me!), but enjoyed the relaxation and each other's company. The first day Mama was busy working/editing (read: earning her ticket), so I just explored the hotel lobby. Nice decor.
Here are some pictures of the trip. Oh by the way, I mention food quite often here, because that's how we Udalls remember things.
I loved seeing all the different people at the airport. While we waited at the gate, I loved to crawl around and try out all the zippers on people's luggage.
I didn't sleep on the flight, just to see how much my mom loved me, but I crashed as soon as we got in the rental car.
Reunited with Dada once again. Boy, was he glad to see me! We walked around Inner Harbor and saw some big ships and submarines. I tried to grab some ducks and seagulls, but they got away. I wanted to eat Dada's sushi, but instead I shared noodles and watermelon with Mama.
Here I am doing "so big!" while looking at the Capitol. You can see the Washington monument there in the background. Let's see, that day we ate Afghan food for lunch (fantastic, by the way), and an ice cream sandwich as we walked around D.C. I flirted with pretty much everyone who looked my way.
Some crazy college guys offered to take the picture so Mama could be in it too. Thanks, dudes.
After seeing the White House and a whole bunch of people in tuxedos and fancy dresses, we drove to the Washington Temple and walked around. I threw up in the car on the way there, so spent the rest of the evening wearing nothing but a diaper. I loved it.
We had a late night dinner in Bethesda, MD, at this charming outdoor restaurant—food from El Salvador. Mama and Dada said the food was sooooo good, and from the way my chicken bones tasted, I believe 'em. I laughed every time the waiter called me "muchacho" and tried to cover me up with a blanket.
On Mother's Day we went to church, where I was sure to give Mama lots of slobbery kisses, then had a nap in the hotel. Dada took us on a lovely car ride along the Susquehanna River to a little town called Havre de Grace where we ate a special Mother's Day dinner at a waterfront restaurant. Daddy got crab cakes and mom got steak. I had my usual: sweet potatoes and rice cereal. Then we took a stroll on the boardwalk.
Here I am back at the pad. I loved this bed, but when the parents were around, I slept in a little crib that Al, the front desk guy, brought up.
Well, that's it! Thanks for letting me tell you about my trip. Who knows, maybe I'll come see YOU next time! :)
P.S. Mama says a big THANK YOU to those who helped take care of my brother and sister, making our trip possible.
7 comments:
Lindy, can I please borrow Tevi for a little bit? He seriously is precious! I loved the post and all of the cute pictures, glad you had a fun trip!
Seriously want to eat that little guy up! He is just too cute.
Creative way to sum-up your trip. Sounds like you guys had fun!
What a little doll baby... and fun for you. I have always wanted to go to D.C... glad I found your blog.
Aak! Tevi, you are to cute for your own good. Thank you for filling us in on your eastcoast trip.
:)
Great post, Lindy. Looks like it was nice weather for your D.C. adventure! We got cool weather (60s) and rain. Oh, well. Still a fun city to visit!
You are one brave woman, Lindy! I read this right before I went to Denver. :)
Post a Comment