Monday, February 16, 2009

Good things

We had a nice Valentine's Day. Thanks to my sister we had our first date without any kids since Tevi was born. It was so great to spend some time with just Aki, even if it was in Costco. ;)

Last week when I had just gotten over being sick, a friend of mine came to visit and helped me so much. I hope she knows how much it brightened my day! What a gal—I guess that's what friends are for.

Baby news! I just learned that one of my favorite people is expecting. On top of that, one of Aki's cousins and her husband finally adopted a precious baby after years of waiting (see Baby Leila above)—I can't think of two more deserving people. Also, my cousin Emily found out baby #4 she's carrying is actually #4 and #5—twins!

I'm going to have a super productive day today, since my kids are spending the holiday with their aunties, so it's just Tevi and me at home. I miss them already, but I think I'll enjoy being able to do some things with just one child to worry about.

Finally, my brother Brigham was just promoted to the army rank of Captain (here he is getting "pinned"). I am so proud of him . Congrats! Incidentally, Brig's baby boy turns 1 today. Happy Birthday to Max! I love you, little guy!

4 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

costco is super romantic! Good luck with all your getting done today!

Just Us said...

Thanks for calling me today friend (and btw, I hope I didn't make you feel bad about my being sick...I should have lied and said it was just food poisoning! lol) but I'm so glad you got a day of just you and little Tevi and a bunch of productiveness. And I bet your friend that came to help had her day brightened too because your house is the fun place to be!

k8shoe said...

Tell Emily congrats! I have always wanted twins but I think HF knows better.

Glad you got a night away!

Jaime said...

Are we talking Emily Whiting? HOLY COW. Poor girl! I used to want twins...not anymore! lol