Sunday, October 25, 2009

This is for Heidi and the rest of y'all


Heidi, you can stop checking to see if I've updated. I'm here, I have a pulse, and I'm BLOGGING!!!!!

It's WHAT I should blog is the problem. You see, I've started this new job that is completely uninteresting to anyone else, and the little remainder of my time is spent scrambling around doing the usual stuff that no one would care to read about...cooking, cleaning, reading and homework with kids, bathing kids, laundry, etc.

But I'm always reminded that this blog is not only for others. It is primarily for me and my family to have a record of our family happenings.

So here's what's happening with us:

BYU Football  Okay, football in general. Eighty percent of TV viewing in our household consists of that stuff. Makai just finished his flag football season, for which I'm grateful (but it was fun while it lasted!). Aki helped coach his team and really enjoyed it.

A Day of (Actual) Rest.  I was released from my church assignment (teenage girls), which is also a welcome change. I'm not sure I would have been too effective in my duties with all that I'm trying to tackle right now.

Fall!   Fun autumn outings and Halloween activities. I'll post some pictures soon. I absolutely love the fall. The crunch of leaves, the chilly mornings, and the smoke rising from chimneys in the early evenings. The soups and the breads and the spice-filled baking! Not so much the hunting and football (for me personally), but it's all associated with this wonderful season.

Health issues.   Another reason I haven't been blogging. Nothing serious, just annoying. But it's not going away anytime soon, and I'm learning to incorporate it into my life. I'm also thinking of some family members who are experiencing various health problems. In my thoughts and prayers every day.

Planning.   For weddings (Aki's sister), for budgets (hello, paycheck!), for holidays (I'm making a list), for home improvement projects (I'm talking spray paint), and shopping/meals (coupons, coupons, coupons!).


So there you have it. It's now my [new] bedtime, so I've got to run. Stay tuned for some pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh lindy. i'm so happy you're blogging again.(: wooo.! it's been forever since i've seen you guys.!! give the kids a big smooch for me.(:

ms said...

I enjoy reading the everyday stuff - it makes me realize that I am not the only one that is trying to keep my head above water. I think that's all I write {complain} about on my blog..