Check out this Time Magazine slideshow portraying what families around the world eat during a week, and how much they spend on it.I was glad they exhibited 2 different American families, just to show that we Americans eat more than just chips, pizza, and soda (and don't spend nearly as much). The spending discrepancies from one country to another are incredible.
Anyway, the whole idea is fascinating to me...I have spent a long time poring over these photos. I'd love to see the book Hungry Planet the photos are taken from.
8 comments:
Wow Lindy these pictures are amazing. It is really interesting to see how the prices vary and to see that it isn't just the US that eats so many things out of a "box". I also had to laugh at the German teenager. Thanks for sharing this.
I'm going to have to see if they have that book at the library. It's amazing the differences - and just how much (or how little) food can be consumed in a week. I wonder what my families weekly consuption would look like...
Ha Ha the teenager looked like they had to hold him there for the photos!
It is crazy to look at all that food and wonder what all they make with it and how it will be gone in 1 week.
Great Photos!! (giggle again at the german kid)
I remember reading that article in Time. I'm glad you reminded me of it. It's fascinating!
interesting. My textbook for a Humanities class in college was called "Material World" and was also fascinating. It did the same kind of thing except with all of their possessions-it's a great one-very interesting to see the difference in materialism.
My dad sent me that awhile ago and I thought it was so interesting. Makes you feel grateful.
Thanks for the comment on jaundice. Right now he only has it on his face and about 1/4 of his chest, so they said we didn't need to do anything about it yet. And of course right now it's windy and overcast in SJ, so I can't really put him in indirect sunlight. And supposedly he has hit the "peak" time. I hope that's what it is, because he really is tired. I know his low iron and low sugar aren't helping either!
Hey how are ya? Miss hearing from your blog as always. I know you're busy, but I thought you might like to know that you're missed, right? love ya
Post a Comment